Guy de Jonquières
Office: + 44 (0)20 7485 9903
Mobile: + 44 (0) 7988 237433
Guy de Jonquières is a Senior Fellow at ECIPE. His current interests and research focus particularly on international economic policy and Asias political economy. He was previously a journalist with The Financial Times, where he spent much of his career working, living and travelling extensively in North America, Europe and Asia. He served in Paris, Washington, New York, Saigon, Brussels and Hong Kong as well as specialist correspondent covering international IT industries. He has also been The Financial Times world trade editor and international business editor.
Guy de Jonquières has extensive radio and television broadcasting experience, principally in the US and in Europe. He is a frequent guest speaker and chairman at conferences. He has participated in events organised by the United Nations, the WTO, the OECD, the Salzburg Global Seminar, the Asian Development Bank, the London School of Economics and the World Economic Forum, as well as by research institutes, business schools and multinational corporations.
In 2001, Guy de Jonquières received the BP/European University Institute prize for essay on transatlantic economic relations, and in 2007 he was awarded as the opinion writer of the year by the Society of Publishers in Asia.
- Who’s Afraid of China’s High-Tech Challenge? (ECIPE Policy Brief No. 07/2013)
- What power shift to China? (ECIPE Policy Brief No. 04/2012)
- China's Challenge (ECIPE Policy Brief No. 01/2012)
- The multilateralism conundrum: international economic relations in the post-hegemonic era (Transatlantic Task Force on Trade Working Paper 1)
- China and the global economic crisis (ECIPE Policy Brief No. 02/2009)
- Is Power Really Shifting to China? (Article for Journal of Economic Diplomacy. January 2013.)
- The Flaws in China's Plan to Lead World Technology (Guy de Jonquières on Chinese strengths and weaknesses in industrial and scientific strategy in Europe's World)
- Why China is not an Innovation Powerhouse (Guy de Jonquières opines at CNN on China's capacity to innovate)
- Don't expect easy answers with China's leadership change (Guy de Jonquières opines in the CNN)
- West's China Hypocrisy (Guy de Jonquières opines in the CNN)
- Wanted: A European China Policy (Guy de Jonquières on Chancellor Merkel's visit to Beijing and the solar panel trade spat)